Need to know
From £235 for Merlin (sleeping 2), £597 for Kite (sleeping 11) to £1950 for exclusive use of all 5 cottages (sleeping 32) for 3 nights in low season. All prices include VAT @20%. VAT registration no. 295353965.
Please contact us to enquire about availability to suit your party. A flexible stay can be arranged to cater for a party of any size from 2 to 32 for 3 nights or more.
- Price includes linen, towels (one bathsheet is provided per guest- more available on request @£5 each), shower gels, basic cleaning materials, WiFi (variable reception), use of hot tub (unless closed for servicing) and heating, for the number of guests stipulated for each cottage as stated in that cottage description on our website. This number may only be exceeded after prior consultation with the owners and if exceeded the owners reserve the right to instruct the guests to leave immediately without compensation. Where a booking exceeds 7 nights, the cottage will normally be lightly serviced by our housekeepers after 1 week.
- Guest beds, high chairs and travel cots available on request: bedding for these is not supplied. Linen for guest beds is available on request in advance at £20 per guest.
- Mobile and 4G reception.
- Arrival is from 6 p.m. and departure by 9 a.m. If earlier arrival or later departure is required an extra night should be booked. Late departure or early arrival will be charged at £30 per cottage per hour. An extension of the stay may be possible by arrangement.
- Well- behaved dogs will enjoy walking on a lead on the estate in the extensive woods and in fields without livestock. Dogs should remain downstairs, may not be left unsupervised inside or outside your cottage and may not enter the hot tub building. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet inside and outside the cottage and for keeping it under control at all times, on a lead if outdoors. Your horse may stay in a field beside your cottage by discussion in advance. The charge is £20 per dog and £30 per horse, by prior arrangement. Animals should be up to date with vaccination and worming programmes. Failure to comply with these terms will result in the animal being required to be removed from the property during the remainder of the guests’ reservation, without compensation.
- Ample gravelled parking is provided. Vehicles may not park or drive on the lawns. Damage to the lawns by a vehicle will be charged at £30. The charge for parking a mobile home or caravan is £50 per night, by arrangement in advance. There are no facilities for connection of mobile homes to amenities on the site. Mobile homes may not be connected to facilities inside cottages, for example using pipes or extension cables. Mobile homes should be parked in the farmyard beyond the hot tub and not on the gravelled areas. Vehicles are parked on the site at their owners’ risk: no responsibility is accepted by the owners of The Stables for any loss or damage incurred to vehicles, or to guests’ other property, at the site.
- There is no extra charge for use of the hot tub: this is unsupervised and use is at the guests’ risk. Guests are responsible for reading and obeying all the notices displayed in the hot tub building. Guests must use the toilet and shower in their cottage before and after using the hot tub. Jewellery should be removed before using the hot tub. Children must be over 5 years and if under 16 years must be supervised by an adult at all times. Normally a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8 persons may use the tub together. It is normally available for use from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Normally each cottage may book one session daily. A session may be booked using the form in the dry room. The room is lockable from the inside for privacy. Do not remain in the tub for more than 15 minutes. Guests should sanitise surfaces on entering and before before leaving the building using the disinfectant spray provided. The hot tub is checked and the water tested up to 3 times daily. Essential repair and maintenance or restrictions by the authorities (as at present) may necessitate closing it at any time without prior notice or refund. Currently closed, it will reopen when government rules allow. Guidelines for use are clearly displayed and must be adhered to: if these are not, the owners reserve the right to instruct guests to vacate the tub and it’s building immediately. If evidence of use of skin lotions/ tanning lotions is found in the tub or if glass is found in the building the tub will be closed for servicing and a charge of £100 to the lead guest will be incurred to cover draining, cleaning, refilling and reheating: this may take up to 48 hours.
- Electric appliances (other than mobile phone or laptop chargers) brought by guests may not be connected to electric sockets in any cottage.
- The lead guest is responsible for maintaining good behaviour of his/her group at all times: this includes showing respect to other guests, the cottages, hot tub, animals, surroundings and neighbours. UK law is not to be broken in any respect, for example online or use of illegal substances.
- Items including kitchen equipment and bedding may not be removed from any cottage.
- Guests are expected to leave all facilities as they would expect to find them. Adhesives may not be used on any surfaces. Pictures may not be removed from the walls. Furniture and equipment may not be moved. Flowers in the gardens may not be picked. Wet wipes should not be used on the site. Sanitary items may not be placed in the toilet bowl as they cause toilet blockage for which a plumber will be called, with the cost charged to the lead guest. Fireworks may not be used on the premises. Loss of or damage to equipment, facilities or leaving them unclean will incur a charge to the lead guest to cover repair or replacement, at the owners’ discretion.
- No smoking is allowed in the cottages or anywhere on the site. Evidence of smoking within a cottage will incur a cleaning charge to the lead guest of £100.
- The owners reserve the right of entry to any cottage or the hot tub building at any time to ensure adherence to all the above house rules, to protect the health and safety of guests and staff. Guests should not visit if suffering from covid symptoms and should inform the owners if any develop during their stay. An extension of the stay may be possible by arrangement subject to availability, at the pro rata charge.
- Complaints not reported until after departure will not be entertained. The facilities are described on the website and checked before guests’ arrival. Guests are advised to refer to notices displayed.
- Currency accepted is pounds sterling. Payment can be made by bacs, card or cash.
When making your reservation a 20% deposit is payable within 3 days by bank transfer or card to secure your booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks prior to your stay. In the event of you cancelling your reservation within 1 week after booking any monies paid will be refunded. Thereafter the deposit is non-refundable. Late payment will incur a surcharge of up to 10% at the owners’ discretion.
In addition a security deposit of up to £150 per cottage or up to £500 for all 5 cottages (if booked together) is payable 6 weeks in advance of arrival. This will be refunded within 7 days following departure, with costs incurred for damage or infringement of these terms deducted at the owners’ discretion.
The name, address and phone number of the lead guest is required on reservation, together with the names and contact details of all guests who will occupy each cottage. This number may not be changed without prior consultation with the owners and may not exceed the capacity stated for that cottage on this website. When you make a reservation at The Stables you are entering into a legally binding contract in which you agree to comply with these terms and conditions, and the government regulations of Wales and your home country: infringement may lead to guests being instructed to leave the premises immediately without compensation, at the owners’ discretion.
If you cancel more than 6 weeks before your stay then you will thus be liable to pay a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking.
If you cancel within 6 weeks of arrival you will be liable to pay the full cost of the accommodation booked: we will make every effort to re-let the accommodation. In cases of severe weather, when travel is not advised by the police or government authorities (for example due to coronavirus), bookings may be changed to a future date subject to availability. No new bookings for holidays with arrival before 13th July, 2020, may be made, and this date is subject to change.
Guests are strongly advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)in practice from May, 2018, customer details will be deleted as soon as communications have ceased.