Need to know
From £316 for Merlin (sleeping 2), £1008 for Kite (sleeping 11) to £3400 for exclusive use of all 5 cottages (sleeping 32) for 3 nights in low season. All prices include VAT. VAT registration no. 295353965.
Please contact us to enquire about availability to suit your party. A flexible stay can be arranged to cater for a party of any size from 2 to 32 for 3 nights or more.
- Price includes linen, towels (one bathsheet is provided per guest- more available on request @£5 each), hand and shower gels, basic cleaning materials, one toilet roll per toilet, fast FTTP wifi (variable reception; when available), use of hot tub (unless closed for servicing or due to government rules) and heating, for the number of guests stipulated for each cottage as stated in that cottage description on our website. This number may only be exceeded after prior consultation with the owners and if exceeded the owners reserve the right to instruct the guests to leave immediately without compensation. The hot tub is normally available gratis (10 am- 5 pm, bookable for 1 session daily per cottage) provided it is fully functional: if it is not available for any reason, no refund or compensation is due.
- Guest beds, high chairs and travel cots available on request: bedding for these is not supplied. Linen for guest beds is available on request in advance at £20 per guest.
- Mobile and 4G reception.
- Arrival is from 5 p.m. and departure by 9 a.m. If earlier arrival or later departure is required an extra night should be booked. Late departure or early arrival will be charged at £30 per cottage per hour. An extension of the stay may be possible by arrangement.
- On your departure bedlinen and towels should be left in the bags provided. Rubbish bags (maximum 6 per cottage) should be left outside the front door (no boxes or any loose items). Cotton buds, confetti, balloons containing confetti, disposable plates and straws, cups and wet wipes may not be used on the premises. There is a charge of £5 per bag for excess rubbish bags (at the discretion of the owners) or where bags require sorting by our staff after your departure, for example to remove glass, thus presenting a safety risk.
- Well- behaved dogs will enjoy walking on a lead on the estate in the extensive woods and in fields without livestock. Dogs should remain downstairs, may not get on the furniture, may not be left unsupervised inside or outside your cottage and may not enter the hot tub building. You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet inside and outside the cottage and for keeping it under control at all times, on a lead if outdoors. Bags of dog waste should be put in a black bin and not left lying about. Your horse may stay in a field beside your cottage by discussion in advance. The charge is £20 per dog and £30 per horse, by prior arrangement. Animals should be up to date with vaccination and worming programmes. Failure to comply with these terms will result in the animal being required to be removed from the property during the remainder of the guests’ reservation, without compensation.
- Ample gravelled parking is provided. Vehicles may not park or drive on the lawns or paths. Parking or driving on the lawns by a vehicle will be charged to the lead guest at £30. The charge for parking a mobile home or caravan is £50 per night, by arrangement in advance. There are no facilities for connection of mobile homes to amenities on the site. Mobile homes may not be connected to facilities inside cottages, for example using pipes or extension cables. Mobile homes should be parked in the farmyard beyond the hot tub and not on the gravelled areas. Vehicles are parked on the site at their owners’ risk: no responsibility is accepted by the owners of The Stables for any loss or damage incurred to vehicles, or to guests’ other property, at the site.
- There is no extra charge for use of the hot tub: this is unsupervised and use is at the guests’ risk. Guests are responsible for reading and obeying all the notices displayed in the hot tub building, on this website and in the Guest Information brochure. Guests should change, use the toilet and shower in their cottage before and after using the hot tub. Jewellery should be removed before using the hot tub. Contact lens users must follow their correct hygiene guidance. Children must be over 5 years and if under 16 years must be supervised by an adult at all times. Normally a minimum of 2 and maximum of 8 persons may use the tub together: the number must enable social distancing rules currently in place. It is normally available for use from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Sessions must be booked ahead on the form in the dry room. Normally each cottage may book one session daily. The hot tub room is lockable from the inside for privacy. Guests should sanitise their hands and surfaces in the facility on entering and before leaving the building using the hand gel and sanitising spray provided. The hot tub is checked and the water tested up to 3 times daily but not between each group of users. Users are responsible for leaving the hot tub and it’s suite as they wish to find it, ready for the next users. Essential repair and maintenance or restrictions by the authorities may necessitate closing the hot tub at any time without prior notice or refund to any guest in any cottage. The hot tub will be open only when government rules allow and can be applied to the circumstances here and when it is fully functional. Guidelines for use are clearly displayed and must be adhered to: if these are not, the owners reserve the right to instruct guests to vacate the tub and it’s building immediately. When booking a session guests are agreeing to comply with the rules of use. If evidence of use of skin lotions/ tanning lotions is found in the tub or if glass is found in the building the tub will be closed for servicing and a charge of £150 to the lead guest will be incurred to cover draining, cleaning, refilling and reheating: this may take up to 48 hours.
- Electric appliances (other than mobile phone or laptop chargers) brought by guests may not be connected to electric sockets in any cottage.
- The lead guest is responsible for maintaining good behaviour of his/her group at all times: this includes showing respect to other guests, the cottages, hot tub, animals, surroundings and neighbours. Events may be held only following prior discussion with the owners. Amplified music is prohibited. UK law is not to be broken in any respect, for example online, illegal substance use, or UK regulations relating to coronavirus. Nitrous oxide may not be used on the premises. Failure to comply with these rules will lead to all guests in the cottage concerned being instructed to depart immediately by the owners without refund or compensation.
- Items including kitchen equipment and bedding may not be removed from any cottage. The lead guest will be charged for any missing items from a cottage, at the owner’s discretion.
- Maps and blankets (normally provided for your enjoyment) have been removed under the current enhanced cleaning protocol.
- Guests are expected to leave all facilities as they would expect to find them. Adhesives may not be used on any surfaces. Pictures may not be removed from the walls. Furniture and equipment may not be moved. Flowers and plants in the gardens may not be picked or trampled. Only ordinary toilet paper may be put in the toilet: sanitary items may not be placed in the toilet bowl as they may cause toilet blockage. If a plumber needs to be called due to misuse the cost will be charged to the lead guest at the owner’s discretion. Fireworks may not be used on the premises. Loss of or damage to equipment, facilities or leaving them unclean will incur a charge to the lead guest to cover repair or replacement, at the owners’ discretion.
- No smoking is allowed in the cottages or anywhere on the site. Evidence of smoking within a cottage or the surrounding grounds will incur a cleaning charge to the lead guest of £100.
- The owners reserve the right of entry to any cottage or the hot tub building at any time to ensure adherence to all the above house rules and for essential maintenance, to protect the health and safety of guests and staff.
- Guests are responsible for complying with government regulations in their home country and Wales: they should not visit if self-isolating or suffering from covid symptoms and should inform the owners if any such develop during their stay and go home immediately. There is no refund for early departure: this should be claimed from travel insurance.
- Complaints not reported until after departure will not be entertained. The facilities are described on the website and checked before guests’ arrival. Guests are advised to refer to notices displayed. Your cottage is checked before your arrival and every effort is made to ensure all amenities are in working order. However occasionally things break down or go missing. A replacement or repair may not be instantly possible. Every effort will be made to correct the issue asap but if a repair or replacement is required this may take time. In such instances no refund or compensation will be made.
- Currency accepted is pounds sterling. Payment can be made by bacs, card or cash.
When making your reservation a 20% deposit is payable within 3 days by bank transfer or card to secure your booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks prior to your stay. In the event of you cancelling your reservation within 1 week after booking any monies paid will be refunded. Thereafter the deposit is non-refundable. Late payment will incur a surcharge of up to 10% at the owners’ discretion.
In addition a security deposit of up to £150 per cottage or up to £500 for all 5 cottages (if booked together) is payable 6 weeks in advance of arrival. This will be refunded within 7 days following departure, with costs incurred for damage or infringement of these terms deducted at the owners’ discretion.
The name, address, email address and mobile phone number of the lead guest is required on reservation, together with the names of all guests who will occupy each cottage (for safety reasons). These will be kept for 21 days, when they will be deleted. The guest numbers may not be changed without prior consultation with the owners and may not exceed the capacity stated for that cottage on this website. When you make a reservation at The Stables you are entering into a legally binding contract in which you agree to comply with these terms and conditions, and the government regulations of Wales and your home country: infringement may lead to guests being instructed to leave the premises immediately without compensation, at the owners’ discretion.
If you cancel more than 6 weeks before your stay then you will thus be liable to pay a cancellation fee of 20% of the total booking.
If you cancel within 6 weeks of arrival you will be liable to pay the full cost of the accommodation booked: we will make every effort to re-let the accommodation. When travel is not advised by the police or government authorities (for example due to severe weather or coronavirus), bookings may be changed to a future date subject to availability, or cancelled with an administration charge of up to £60 applicable.
Guests are strongly advised to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from May, 2018, customer details will be deleted when communications have ceased.